Welcome to SBDBFORUMS !!
(The Comprehensive Website for everything you want to know/discuss about Movies and Misc topics)

Sobhan's Best 50    |    Sobhan's Solo Songs   |    Sobhan's Duets


Happy Birthday to Prime Minister Narendra Modi ji !

Forum
Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,101
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalist

antha ok.. may be lack of maturity ani anadam correct kaadhu ani na opinion.. it’s just a matter of taste and interest
maturity in sense meaning lack of exposure to movies in different genres, getting exposed to movies in different genres will make us comfortable.
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,101
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiru_pspk
Rangasthalam classic n bixoffice wise non BB IH . Don't compare it with disaster 1N . Rangasthalam next league once in a life time movie.
Box office collections aren't a parameter to judge content of a movie.
fatzilla

Avatar / Picture

Doctor Babu
Registered:
Posts: 4,462
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie_Fanatic_2077
NKP isn't routine,it had less nativity. Storyline might be simple but, execution was brilliant and creative. Sukumar needs to get back to roots and start making 1N kind of films,these kind of movies might find less market in India but,will have huge number of audience overseas.


one of the biggest reason for 1N to have a mammoth run in OS is due to the competition with mediocre mass yevadu.

That year was a bad winter for us and people were reluctant to go to Yevadu and the only option we had was 1N

I agree it's brilliant in parts, but on the whole it doesn't have a pleasant viewing experience. Having good visuals and great bgm doesn't help if the narrative is a clusterfuck. 
Mupa_Guna

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,927
Reply with quote  #54 
Arya, Arya2, RGS best movies. NKP has very much repeat value still i feel it lacks something.
Didn't watch jagadam. Didn't like 100 love.
1N First super, second half boring. He should have worked more on the script to make it more appealing and engaging. Didn't dare watching it again after watching once on big screen.
Mupa_Guna

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,927
Reply with quote  #55 
NKP lo over the top logics are not so convincing at times. But he covered them with the emotional quotient.
python

Avatar / Picture

Soggadu
Registered:
Posts: 6,986
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalist

ala ela antaru lack of maturity ani?
He said it clearly his family prefers popcorn entertainers with minimal violence and less intimate scenes.. adhi valla choice.. dhaniki RGS nacchina intellectuals ani nacchanivallu takkuva ani cheppalsina pani ledhu


A few people have instant satisfaction by getting personal straight away
Alanti ids ni ignoring cheskunta povude dbs lo
Db is for expressing opinion for me .. individuals ni convince asalki cheyyanu
Gautham_reddy

Avatar / Picture

Doctor Babu
Registered:
Posts: 4,397
Reply with quote  #57 
Talented kani clarity leni director.. edo arya lu ..rs lu tagultay hits ala ani migatavi worst analem.. paina chepinnattu clarity lekapovatam valla vachina results.. 


Psychedelic

Baabu
Registered:
Posts: 3,713
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzilla


one of the biggest reason for 1N to have a mammoth run in OS is due to the competition with mediocre mass yevadu.

That year was a bad winter for us and people were reluctant to go to Yevadu and the only option we had was 1N

I agree it's brilliant in parts, but on the whole it doesn't have a pleasant viewing experience. Having good visuals and great bgm doesn't help if the narrative is a clusterfuck


global cinema choostunna maname clusterfuck ante ela.. he tried his version of a non-linear screenplay.. I really loved it.. though he twisted the narrative a bit for the 'twist factor'

the -ves for me in that movie are.. 1. Long chase sequences (waste of money and screen time).. 2. Some bits of the love track and hence unnecessary songs..

if the editing was merciless, this would have been a crisp and great 1hr 45min movie.. I would have put it in the same league of some good Hollywood thrillers..
fatzilla

Avatar / Picture

Doctor Babu
Registered:
Posts: 4,462
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic


global cinema choostunna maname clusterfuck ante ela.. he tried his version of a non-linear screenplay.. I really loved it.. though he twisted the narrative a bit for the 'twist factor'

the -ves for me in that movie are.. 1. Long chase sequences (waste of money and screen time).. 2. Some bits of the love track and hence unnecessary songs..

if the editing was merciless, this would have been a crisp and great 1hr 45min movie.. I would have put it in the same league of some good Hollywood thrillers..


I was talking about this. Should have stayed honest and picked a better narrative flow. 
The good parts of the movie fail to make a lasting impression because, the movie is disjointed or convoluted. 
Bawarchii

LiVinG LeGEnD
Registered:
Posts: 21,829
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by python


evari taste valladhi andi ... aa naresh gadiki paade katti ureginchi song eyatam ... wife ki virakthi puttindhi
kids ki aa jagapathi babu ni oora kukka ni kottinattu kottina scene ki taaru puttindhi
inka family tho aa poo hegde song and samantha romantic build up chodatam saana kashtam
oru entertainment ledhu ... memu AVPL, SLN type .. RS lanti movie maa valla kadhu nanna garu .. ani SM lo mahesh babu la chepparu kids ... multiplex tickets prices on weekend bokka naaku


correst vannai....konni konni scenes chala raw untai...kids and families ki kastam anuko...alanti violnce naku nachhdu....sub wise and content wise ellthadu...from arya to till now..except hundrd prcent...anni movies lo he driven through content max...RS tho inka reinvent ayyadu...but stillmy fav film of sukku is...1,RS,Arya2..alanti movies ravali... lanti movies maku istam rajendraa anta nenu...
Psychedelic

Baabu
Registered:
Posts: 3,713
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzilla


I was talking about this. Should have stayed honest and picked a better narrative flow. 
The good parts of the movie fail to make a lasting impression because, the movie is disjointed or convoluted. 


fair enough, I agree.. he should have gone full on hollywood style with crisp and complex narrative.. or complete TFI narrative with no complex screenplay..

got caught in between completely confusing the 'typical TFI audience' and not entirely satisfying the 'global cinema exposed viewer'

I personally loved the attempt.. Sukku and MB [thumb][thumb]
veerusayz

Avatar / Picture

DoraBabu
Registered:
Posts: 5,580
Reply with quote  #62 
Only commercial director in the current list of top directors who doesn’t believe in any commercial formula and make a movie to fit it in a commercial frame. He makes what he honestly thinks and yet he still delivers a bigger commercial hit than other typical commercial directors.

“Heart” and “Mind” are the key pillars of his movies. While the plot of his script comes from his heart , execution comes from this intelligent director mind.

RJ_AADHF

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #63 
Arya2 > RGS > Arya > 1N > NKP> Jagadam >>> 100% love
JonSnow

Avatar / Picture

\ King in the north /
Registered:
Posts: 14,830
Reply with quote  #64 
RS>1N>Aarya-2>Jagadam>Arya>100%love>=NKP
ChammakChandra

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 390
Reply with quote  #65 
Best aarya 1 rangasthalam
Worst NKP, 100love
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,101
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzilla


one of the biggest reason for 1N to have a mammoth run in OS is due to the competition with mediocre mass yevadu.

That year was a bad winter for us and people were reluctant to go to Yevadu and the only option we had was 1N

I agree it's brilliant in parts, but on the whole it doesn't have a pleasant viewing experience. Having good visuals and great bgm doesn't help if the narrative is a clusterfuck. 
The narrative isn't a mess,it is non-linear since the theme of the movie is reality Vs hallucination. Narrative is in the pov of the protagonist who is suffering from schizophrenia.
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,101
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by veerusayz
Only commercial director in the current list of top directors who doesn’t believe in any commercial formula and make a movie to fit it in a commercial frame. He makes what he honestly thinks and yet he still delivers a bigger commercial hit than other typical commercial directors.

“Heart” and “Mind” are the key pillars of his movies. While the plot of his script comes from his heart , execution comes from this intelligent director mind.

Excellent analysis of Sukumar,deserves more recognition, hopefully becomes one of the top directors in World cinema.
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,101
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic


fair enough, I agree.. he should have gone full on hollywood style with crisp and complex narrative.. or complete TFI narrative with no complex screenplay..

got caught in between completely confusing the 'typical TFI audience' and not entirely satisfying the 'global cinema exposed viewer'

I personally loved the attempt.. Sukku and MB [thumb][thumb]
Many foreign reviewers were surprised by One Nenokkadine,gave positive reviews criticizing hollywood movies for not trying to make movies which are ambitious and having interesting plot like One instead of being cliché popcorn entertainers.
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,101
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautham_reddy
Talented kani clarity leni director.. edo arya lu ..rs lu tagultay hits ala ani migatavi worst analem.. paina chepinnattu clarity lekapovatam valla vachina results.. 


No, One Nenokkadine movies has non-linear screenplay so,it maybe something different for audience who crave commercial movies. Sukumar has much better clarity than,many directors in TFI. It's the genre of the movie which decides the appeal for audience.
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,101
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by python


A few people have instant satisfaction by getting personal straight away
Alanti ids ni ignoring cheskunta povude dbs lo
Db is for expressing opinion for me .. individuals ni convince asalki cheyyanu
Nothing personal,just told that exposure to different genres of cinema is required instead, of being confined to watching a single genre.
chandu4kalyan

Avatar / Picture

sukumar fan
Registered:
Posts: 4,281
Reply with quote  #71 
sukku's best arya 2 
gupta

Super Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 36,896
Reply with quote  #72 
Songs lekunda Movie teeyagala capacity top directors lo Sukumar okkadi kee undi anukuntunna konchem risk yee aina try chestaadu emo future lo chudaali 👍
Pandu25

Avatar / Picture

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,816
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta
Songs lekunda Movie teeyagala capacity top directors lo Sukumar okkadi kee undi anukuntunna konchem risk yee aina try chestaadu emo future lo chudaali 👍


Rgv theesadu ga 🙄🤔
ChammakChandra

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 390
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandu25


Rgv theesadu ga 🙄🤔
top director kadhu ga
GLOKVEAR

Avatar / Picture

Maharaaju
Registered:
Posts: 40,015
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupa_Guna
NKP lo over the top logics are not so convincing at times. But he covered them with the emotional quotient.
emotion ah bokka...aa cinemalo asala Leni item ey adhi- dad hospital lo unna kuda oka scene lo emotion pandathu RP and sons madyalo....endho aa logics and gandaragolam 👏

Title sng had plenty of emotion than the entire movie- ofcourse sng comes after the movie ends
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.