Welcome to SBDBFORUMS !!
(The Comprehensive Website for everything you want to know/discuss about Movies and Misc topics)

Sobhan's Best 50    |    Sobhan's Solo Songs   |    Sobhan's Duets



Jai SreeRam !!

Forum
Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #1 
will keep posting updates here after the end of every series.

Current standings

PositionTeamPointsMatchesWonLostDrawn
1India3609720
2Australia29610721
3England22612741
4New Zealand1807340
5Pakistan1405221
6Sri Lanka804121
7West Indies405140
8South Africa247160
9Bangladesh03030
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #2 
120 points for a series, irrespective of number of matches in it. each team will play for max of 720 points in total WTC.

Distribution of points in ICC World Test Championship

Matches in series

Points for a win

Points for a tie

Points for a draw

Points for a defeat

2

60

30

20

0

3

40

20

13

0

4

30

15

10

0

5

24

12

8

0

Srimanthudu

Avatar / Picture

Never Give Up
Registered:
Posts: 24,613
Reply with quote  #3 
Bro first post table sarigga ravatledu mobile lo chustunte. Excel lodi kudirite sarigga align chesi paste here
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #4 
Ind has 4 tests in Aus and 5 Tests vs Eng (in ind) remaining. need to sweep Eng series and win 60 points from Aus series to reach finals. looking tough now, unlike earlier. NZ series loss dented us.
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #5 
upcoming series..pak will play 3 tests in Eng in august.
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srimanthudu
Bro first post table sarigga ravatledu mobile lo chustunte. Excel lodi kudirite sarigga align chesi paste here

edited and posted from other source now.
Adhikari

Avatar / Picture

DoraBabu
Registered:
Posts: 5,011
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechie
Ind has 4 tests in Aus and 5 Tests vs Eng (in ind) remaining. need to sweep Eng series and win 60 points from Aus series to reach finals. looking tough now, unlike earlier. NZ series loss dented us.
what are the chances of other top teams like eng, aus, NZ to reach finals...
Srimanthudu

Avatar / Picture

Never Give Up
Registered:
Posts: 24,613
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechie

edited and posted from other source now.

Now it’s clear. Ty 👍
chaithu10

Avatar / Picture

Cult Pawan Fan
Registered:
Posts: 4,912
Reply with quote  #9 
Eng tho series gelustham ga top 2 lo untamu ga elagu lords lone final kabatti akkada potham
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #10 
Remaining series..
ENG VS PAK, 3 TESTS
NZ VS WI, 3
AUS VS IND, 4
NZ VS PAK, 2
SL VS ENG, 2
BAN VS WI, 3
IND VS ENG, 5
PAK VS SA, 2
SA VS SL, 2
SA VS AUS, 3
WI VS SL, 2
BAN VS AUS, 2
SL VS BAN, 3
WI VS SA, 2
BAN VS NZ, 2

Final match, as of now, 10-14 june 2021, lord's.

Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhikari
what are the chances of other top teams like eng, aus, NZ to reach finals...

would be clear after they have played one more series. Aus is in good position. nz has two home series and one away series in BAN, so they took have good chance. [confused]
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #12 
points contested..
[image] 
https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1288143427578650625
Srimanthudu

Avatar / Picture

Never Give Up
Registered:
Posts: 24,613
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechie
points contested..
[image] 
https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1288143427578650625

Adenti 9 matches ee aadina mande ekkuva undi contested points, why?
Adhikari

Avatar / Picture

DoraBabu
Registered:
Posts: 5,011
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srimanthudu

Adenti 9 matches ee aadina mande ekkuva undi contested points, why?
it depends on the number of series we played. We have played 9 matches in 4 series against WI, Ban, SA, NZ.. each series ki 120 points irrespective of the matches... So we have contested for 480 points...
Srimanthudu

Avatar / Picture

Never Give Up
Registered:
Posts: 24,613
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhikari
it depends on the number of series and the number of tests in each series...

Care to elaborate?
Adhikari

Avatar / Picture

DoraBabu
Registered:
Posts: 5,011
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srimanthudu

Care to elaborate?
post edit chesa chudandi... Ippudu oka series lo 2 tests unte each test will be played for 60 points. So if we whitewash a 2 match series we will have 120 points.. if the series has 3 tests still the points that will be contested for are 120 and each test will be played for 40 points.. so if a team has won the series with 2-1 still the points the team won will be 80 though the number of test matches won in both the cases are same...
Damnnn

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,753
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechie
points contested..
[image] 
https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/status/1288143427578650625

Considering India wins 2 matches each in both the series, we will get to 468 points.

and to beat that
AUS will need 170+ points out of 360.(120 of the 360 against India)
ENG will need 240+ points out of 360.(120 of the 360 against India)
NZ will need 300+ points out of 360.

I think we will make it to finals and probably face AUS in ENG
Adhikari

Avatar / Picture

DoraBabu
Registered:
Posts: 5,011
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnnn

Considering India wins 2 matches each in both the series, we will get to 468 points.

and to beat that
AUS will need 170+ points out of 360.(120 of the 360 against India)
ENG will need 240+ points out of 360.(120 of the 360 against India)
NZ will need 300+ points out of 360.

I think we will make it to finals and probably face AUS in ENG
comparatively migata 3 teams weak teams tho adatayi remaining series.. manaki Eng, Aus tho unnayi...
NZ has a 2 match series with BAN in Ban, 3 match series with WI in NZ, 2 match series with Pak in NZ...
Aus has a 2 match series with BAN in Ban, 3 match series with SA in SA other than series with India...
Eng ki 2 matches with SL in SL, 3 matches with Pak in eng, 5 matches with Ind in India.
Damnnn

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,753
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhikari
comparatively migata 3 teams weak teams tho adatayi remaining series.. manaki Eng, Aus tho unnayi...
NZ has a 2 match series with BAN in Ban, 3 match series with WI in NZ, 2 match series with Pak in NZ...
Aus has a 2 match series with BAN in Ban, 3 match series with SA in SA other than series with India...
Eng ki 2 matches with SL in SL, 3 matches with Pak in eng, 5 matches with Ind in India.

Agreed...AUS has bright chances of making to the finals, especially with their remaining matches.

Eng and Nz on the other hand, will need to win 2/3rds of their remaining matches at least. and in Eng's case 1/3 of their remaining matches are with us. and I just took 2 wins(personally think we can do better, esp in India) and 3 defeats for my equation above. One draw unna we will have more points up our sleeves which will make it even more difficult for ENG and NZ both.
NZ matches look easier on paper but you never know, BAN can be a better opposition than expected in home conditions. and WI can always spin a surprise.
Kopadari_Manishi

Avatar / Picture

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,499
Reply with quote  #20 
The Final at Lords is clearly Australia v India.
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnnn

Considering India wins 2 matches each in both the series, we will get to 468 points.

I guess safe side ki minimum theeskunnaru..Aus lo 2 antey good but home series lo 2 antey underperform. Last time we visited england they beat us 4-1. Also we need points now, so anderson broad thedalu lekunda uthiki aareyyali.
Mechie

Avatar / Picture

Eccentric
Registered:
Posts: 4,617
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopadari_Manishi
The Final at Lords in June 2021 is clearly Australia v India.

Bring it on.
Damnnn

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,753
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechie

I guess safe side ki minimum theeskunnaru..Aus lo 2 antey good but home series lo 2 antey underperform. Last time we visited england they beat us 4-1. Also we need points now, so anderson broad thedalu lekunda uthiki aareyyali.

Yup, AUS lo 2 ante series draw at the minimum which is a good result. 

Ind lo kuda ade thiskunna worst case scenario ani. Manollu goof up chesi odipothe thappa we should be very good contenders for the final.
Siddu123

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,588
Reply with quote  #24 
India ki starting lo easy series lu pettaru except nz,
Ending lo aus and eng..
Sarada_Bullodu

Avatar / Picture

Maharaaju
Registered:
Posts: 21,524
Reply with quote  #25 
AUS లో AUS మీద గెలుపు అంత easy కాదు...
Damnnn

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,753
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarada_Bullodu
AUS లో AUS మీద గెలుపు అంత easy కాదు...

Last 2 times India won the series 2-1 against AUS in AUS in 4 match test series.
Sarada_Bullodu

Avatar / Picture

Maharaaju
Registered:
Posts: 21,524
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnnn

Last 2 times India won the series 2-1 against AUS in AUS in 4 match test series.

Oka Series మాత్రమే గెలిచాం... ఆ series లో Smith and Warner ఆడలేదు

India has never won overseas test series against South Africa, while India has won overseas test series once against Australia(2018/19), 3 times against England (in 1971, 1986, 2007), 2 times against New Zealand (1967/68, 2008/09) and 4 times against West Indies (in 1970/71, 2006, 2011, 2016).
Kopadari_Manishi

Avatar / Picture

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,499
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarada_Bullodu
AUS లో AUS మీద గెలుపు అంత easy కాదు...


We don't need to win the series.
At the same time we can't lose miserably.
Damnnn

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,753
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarada_Bullodu

Oka Series మాత్రమే గెలిచాం... ఆ series లో Smith and Warner ఆడలేదు

India has never won overseas test series against South Africa, while India has won overseas test series once against Australia(2018/19), 3 times against England (in 1971, 1986, 2007), 2 times against New Zealand (1967/68, 2008/09) and 4 times against West Indies (in 1970/71, 2006, 2011, 2016).

My bad...the 2017 series was in India. The earlier one in 2015, I think we lost.
Sarada_Bullodu

Avatar / Picture

Maharaaju
Registered:
Posts: 21,524
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnnn

My bad...the 2017 series was in India. The earlier one in 2015, I think we lost.
IMG_20200729_160912.jpg 

Silent_Guardian

Avatar / Picture

Rama Rao
Registered:
Posts: 11,524
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarada_Bullodu
IMG_20200729_160912.jpg 
2007/08 Series lone ga Sydney Test ayyindi. Appude kottevallamu. Nasty umpiring.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.