PK is on a huge run in China and has grossed more in China than in any other Overseas market and is still very strong. More important than going above any other market is that it is on the verge of becoming the highest grossing non local ope English film.
The highest ever is a Russian film Stalingrad which has around $12 million and PK is sure to beat that by the end of business on Monday.The film is also set to cross the 700 crore Worldwide gross mark as it sits on 675 crore after nine days in China.
The daily business over the first nine days for PK in China is as follows. The film opened on 4600 screens.
Day One - $974,000
Day Two - $2,460,000
Day Three - $1,894,000
FIRST WEEKEND - $5,328,000
Day Four - $1,046,000
Day Five - $654,000
Day Six - $845,000
Day Seven - $539,000
FIRST WEEK - $8,412,000
Day Eight - $927,000
Day Nine - $1,530,000
NINE DAY TOTAL - $10,869,000
The drop from the first weekend is likely to be around 35% and a $15 million total in China is certain which will take it over $40 million in Overseas and 700 crore Worldwide The business in China also has chances of going close to $20 million.
All time Top Hindi Movies at Australia Box office (A$)
1. PK - $2.108mil2. Dhoom3 - $1.752 mil3. 3 idiots (2009) - $1.1 mil4. My Name is Khan (2010) - $920k5. Chennai Express (2013) - $801k6. Happy New Year - $738K7. Don2 (2011) - $710K8. Jab tak Hai Jaan (2012) - $698k9. Talaash (2012) - $650K10. Yeh jawani hai deewani (2013) -$630k11. Ek tha Tiger (2012) - $622K12. Dabangg2 (2012) - $580K13. kabhi Alvinda Na Kahena (2006) -$568k14. Tanu Weds Manu Returns - $557k (31 days)
#PK China Closing Gross $19.39mil.. Total overseas gross $45mil+ . Total World Wide gross 730c+ apprx
#TanuWedsManuRetuns 31 days India Nett - 145c (All time 11th position).. 31 days WW gross - 240c (All time 12th position)
All time Hindi Movies World Wide Grossers
1. PK - 730 crores2. Dhoom3 (2013) - 535 crore3. Three Idiots (2009) - 394.7 crore 4. Chennai Express (2013) - 393.3 crore 5. KICK (2014) - 355 crores6. Happy New Year (2014) - 345 crores7. Ek the Tiger (2012) - 308 crore8. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013)- 298 crore9. Krrish3 (2013) - 295 crore10. Bang Bang (2014) - 270 crore
All time Hindi Movies in India based on Nett.
1. PK (2014) - 340c2. Dhoom3 (2013) - 262c 3. KICK (2014) - 215c4. Chennai Express (2013) -208 crore5. Three Idiots (2009) - 202.57 crore6. Ek the Tiger (2012) - 186 crore7. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013)- 179 crore8. Krrish3 (2013) -1789. Happy New Year (2014) - 176c10. Dabangg 2 (2012) - 150 crore11. Tanu Weds Manu returns (2015) - 148 crore
All time Top Hindi movies at US/Canada boxoffice
1. PK (2014) - $10.61mil2. Dhoom3 (2013) - $8.093 mil 3. 3 Idiots (2009)- $6.5mil 4. Chennai Express (2013) - $5.3mil 5. My Name is Khan (2010) - $4.1 mil 6. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani (2013) - $3.8mil 7. Happy New Year - $3.79mil8. Don2 (2011) -$3.68mil 9. Om Shanti Om (2007) - $3.6 mil 10. Jodha Akbar (2008) - $3.45mil
1. PK - $2.108mil2. Dhoom3 - $1.752 mil3. 3 idiots (2009) - $1.1 mil4. My Name is Khan (2010) - $920k5. Chennai Express (2013) - $801k6. Happy New Year - $738K7. Don2 (2011) - $710K8. Jab tak Hai Jaan (2012) - $698k9. Talaash (2012) - $650K10. Yeh jawani hai deewani (2013) -$630k
Bajrangi Bhaijaan broke first week records in eight circuits. Delhi / UP, East Punjab, CP Berar, CI, West Bengal, Bihar, Assam and Odisha all saw first week records. In Delhi / UP it smashed the records of Dhoom 3 and PK by a huge 5 crore nett. The top first week collections in Delhi / UP are as follows.
1. Bajragi Bhaijaan - 37,30,00,000
2. Dhoom 3 - 32,23,00,000
3. PK - 32,08,00,000
The full list for top first week collections in Delhi / UP can be found here
The film would have broken the record in Rajasthan also but the circuit was tax free until a year ago so Bajrangi Bhaijaan remains behind Kick and Dhoom 3,
The top first weeks in East Punjab can be seen here with Bajrangi Bhaijaan leading by a distance. It also smashed records in West Bengal which sometimes underperforms for Salman Khan starrers but not for Bajrangi Bhaijaan. The top first weeks in West Bengal can be seen here
Mumbai was not able to set a new first record with PK remaining comfortably at the top. The top first week grossers in Mumbai can be seen here
The worst collections were in Tamil Nadu / Kerala where it was outside the top five. Top First Weeks in Tamil Nadu / Kerala
The Tamil Nadu / Kerala circuit is small but collections are less than 50% of some of the bigger films. It was a similar story for the biggest blockbuster this century Gadar which also did not perform too well in this circuit.
The complete first week territory breakdown of Bajrangi Bhaijaan can be seen here.
Q. Is it true that Madhuri Dixit was paid more than Salman Khan for Hum Aapke Hain Kaun with Madhuri Dixt getting 3 crore and Salman Khan getting 1 crore?
Ans. Ridiculous numbers. The landing cost of the film was around 5 crore not counting the extra prints that had to be taken out due to the extraordinary run of the film. The market rates at the time were 50 lakhs Salman Khan and 30 lakhs Madhuri Dixit so remuneration would have been in somewhere around these numbers.
New Delhi: Anupam Kher recently shocked everyone when he declared on Twitter that Madhuri Dixit was paid more than Salman Khan in their 1994 release Hum Aapke Hain Koun.
“I agree in certain cases it is true. But Madhuri was paid more than Salman in HAHK.,” Anupam Kher tweeted.
This interesting revelation shocked as well as delighted us at the same time.
However, when Salman Khan was asked about Anupam Kher’s tweet, the star replied as follows.
“Well, I’m hearing this for the first time from you. And I don’t think this is true. I hope that it is true. See, it’s all about what people want to see. The busier you get, the more the people want to see you, that’s how your price increases. So, if you can pull off a film on your own and the producer/distributors make that money, then they have no problem sharing that money with you. You can’t demand, you need to command that.”
If Anupam Kher and Salman Khan’s opinion are to be combined, it seems Madhuri’s charm commanded the movie makers to pay her more!
Supported videos include:
Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.