Welcome to SBDBFORUMS !!
(The Comprehensive Website for everything you want to know/discuss about Movies and Misc topics)

Sobhan's Best 50    |    Sobhan's Solo Songs   |    Sobhan's Duets


Sbdb pays Homage to Sri Akkineni NageswaraRao garu !

Forum
Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
Pavan_D

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,032
Reply with quote  #151 
Subtitles chadavaleka visugu vachuntundi papam.


nakama

Maharaaju
Registered:
Posts: 22,069
Reply with quote  #152 
Mexicans ki best directors ochai ante pothadu emo...

I've seen some Americans tweeting in a similar way... Vallu dubbing afford cheyaleka subtitles tho odilaru ani 🤦
Adhikari

Avatar / Picture

DoraBabu
Registered:
Posts: 5,094
Reply with quote  #153 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakama
Mexicans ki best directors ochai ante pothadu emo...

I've seen some Americans tweeting in a similar way... Vallu dubbing afford cheyaleka subtitles tho odilaru ani 🤦
last year vachindi ga alfonso curan ki...
Blue

Minor Babu
Registered:
Posts: 2,039
Reply with quote  #154 
Politically motivated..long and boring award ceremony
Silent_Guardian

Avatar / Picture

Rama Rao
Registered:
Posts: 11,815
Reply with quote  #155 
The Academy
 
@TheAcademy
·
3h
 
Here's what you need to know about the #Oscars: - For this awards year only, streamed films will be eligible for Best Picture - Going forward, the Sound Mixing and Sound Editing awards will be combined into one category: Best Sound For more details:

https://www.oscars.org/news/awards-rules-and-campaign-regulations-approved-93rd-oscarsr
heil_fuhrer

Avatar / Picture

Doctor Babu
Registered:
Posts: 4,510
Reply with quote  #156 
oscars more like political correctness awards....they stopped being abt talent long back just another liberal echo chamber ceremony....
Pavan_D

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,032
Reply with quote  #157 
Oscars changed the rules for best picture criteria for more representation. A welcome change.


Pavan_D

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,032
Reply with quote  #158 
STANDARD A: ON-SCREEN REPRESENTATION, THEMES AND NARRATIVES
To achieve Standard A, the film must meet ONE of the following criteria:

A1. Lead or significant supporting actors

At least one of the lead actors or significant supporting actors is from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group.

• Asian
• Hispanic/Latinx
• Black/African American
• Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
• Middle Eastern/North African
• Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
• Other underrepresented race or ethnicity

Ika nunchi aina Indian actors ki manchi roles padithe bagutundi stereotypes kakunda. 
Psychedelic

Baabu
Registered:
Posts: 3,715
Reply with quote  #159 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan_D
STANDARD A: ON-SCREEN REPRESENTATION, THEMES AND NARRATIVES
To achieve Standard A, the film must meet ONE of the following criteria:

A1. Lead or significant supporting actors

At least one of the lead actors or significant supporting actors is from an underrepresented racial or ethnic group.

• Asian
• Hispanic/Latinx
• Black/African American
• Indigenous/Native American/Alaskan Native
• Middle Eastern/North African
• Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
• Other underrepresented race or ethnicity

Ika nunchi aina Indian actors ki manchi roles padithe bagutundi stereotypes kakunda


this will happen when Indians are a part of script development or directorial team.. don't see much of a change with actors unless the team is proactive to ask for their inputs.
Pavan_D

Abhimanyu
Registered:
Posts: 7,032
Reply with quote  #160 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic


this will happen when Indians are a part of script development or directorial team.. don't see much of a change with actors unless the team is proactive to ask for their inputs.


I didn't post the whole thing coz it's long.

Read B,C,D in the following link.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/oscars-inclusion-standards-best-picture-diversity-1234762727/
thej

DoraBabu
Registered:
Posts: 5,945
Reply with quote  #161 
Oscar cinemalu light......

Mana Nandi awards perfect ga vuntayi asalu... Every movie Winning a Nandi award is watchable, while a movie Winning Oscar is not..


Psychedelic

Baabu
Registered:
Posts: 3,715
Reply with quote  #162 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavan_D


I didn't post the whole thing coz it's long.

Read B,C,D in the following link.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/oscars-inclusion-standards-best-picture-diversity-1234762727/


[thumb][thumb] .. Thanks for sharing.. this looks a lot more holistic..
BhamBhamBhole

Minor Babu
Registered:
Posts: 2,943
Reply with quote  #163 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thej
Oscar cinemalu light......

Mana Nandi awards perfect ga vuntayi asalu... Every movie Winning a Nandi award is watchable, while a movie Winning Oscar is not..



🙄
ChammakChandra

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 419
Reply with quote  #164 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thej
Oscar cinemalu light......

Mana Nandi awards perfect ga vuntayi asalu... Every movie Winning a Nandi award is watchable, while a movie Winning Oscar is not..


nandulu emainayi Chala years nunchi ivvatam la. .
Silent_Guardian

Avatar / Picture

Rama Rao
Registered:
Posts: 11,815
Reply with quote  #165 
Manchi cinemalu teeyandra ante representation kavali anta edavalaki. Ante ippudu manchi story raayalante first anni boxes tick chesi appudu modalapettali emo. Worst trend idhi IMO.
Psychedelic

Baabu
Registered:
Posts: 3,715
Reply with quote  #166 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Guardian
Manchi cinemalu teeyandra ante representation kavali anta edavalaki. Ante ippudu manchi story raayalante first anni boxes tick chesi appudu modalapettali emo. Worst trend idhi IMO.


Oscars eppudu manchi cinemala meeda focus kante specific settings / themes ki priority ekkuva kada..

I came to peace with that, especially after them choosing 'Wall-E' over 'Kungfu Panda'..

they changed a bit over last few years (especially related to best picture) but still the core of what they want to focus on won't change
Movie_Fanatic_2077

Jackie
Registered:
Posts: 1,177
Reply with quote  #167 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic


Oscars eppudu manchi cinemala meeda focus kante specific settings / themes ki priority ekkuva kada..

I came to peace with that, especially after them choosing 'Wall-E' over 'Kungfu Panda'..

they changed a bit over last few years (especially related to best picture) but still the core of what they want to focus on won't change
Yes,simply put,the standards of oscars has been set low. Now,awards like Caesar awards have more value.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.